Joe Druskis, Apogee’s VP of Construction, has become an expert in the field over his many years of service. From HVAC to electrical, compliance to site supervision, Joe has seen and mastered it all. Learn a little bit more about Joe and his professional journey from the man himself, our “Not So Average Joe.”
- Tell us about your experience in the industry.
- I’ve always been in construction, basically my entire life. I’ve worked as an electrician, I’ve worked in heating and air, and I’ve built every house I’ve ever owned starting with my first at 24 years old. My dad was an electrician and I learned a lot from him, spending most of my time growing up helping him out on jobs. I went to HVAC school when I was 18 and immediately started working during training. I’ve spent most of my life around construction, so it was a natural fit for me.
- How have things changed since you started your career?
- Things have really evolved since I began my career, and this is largely due to the increased access to and ability of technology. Everything is more user-friendly now; anyone can Google or Youtube “how to fix or build” pretty much anything. Everything is obviously more energy efficient too. Ultimately technology has really changed things for the better.
- Where do you see the industry heading?
- In the next few years, I think there’s going to be more and more technology developed that speeds up the timing and efficiency of construction projects. There will be new building methods, more energy efficient practices – it’s going to be really exciting to see.
- What do you love most about the work you do?
- I love what I do because I love troubleshooting, building things and problem-solving. I get to see the tangible projects come together from start to finish, and give direction and input along the way while working with great crews. At Apogee, we get to leave our mark on so many different communities, and that’s a really special thing.